TOWNSHIP OF LOWER MERION
Department of Parks & Recreation Off-Leash Dog Areas Program
Rules & Regulations for West Mill Creek Park
- Dogs are permitted in off leash area from Sunrise until Sunset seven days a week
- Dogs must be kept on leash in the parking area and entrance trail until inside the park.
- Dogs can access Mill Creek only via identified stream access points.
- Dogs are not permitted in the wetlands meadow or the riparian buffer.
- Only dogs with valid and visible Off-Leash permits from the Township will be allowed off leash in designated fenced and unfenced areas and at designated times.
- All dogs must wear collars with current rabies tag visible.
- Dog owners/handlers must display their permit cards.
- One adult may have no more than two dogs under their control and off leash and must have a separate leash available for each dog, no longer than eight (8) feet.
- Dog owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs must be in view of and under control, including voice control, of their owner/handler at all times, as required by Pennsylvania State Law.
- Dogs will come and stay by the side of their owner/handler immediately when called.
- Dogs will not charge or display aggression towards any person or behave in a way that any reasonable person finds to be harassing or disturbing.
- Dogs will not chase or display aggression towards other dogs.
- Dogs will not chase, harass or disturb wildlife.
- Dogs must be leashed immediately at the first sign of aggression or unruliness and removed from the designated area.
- Dog owners/handlers must pick up and dispose of their dog’s excrement.
- Should a dog owner/handler not adhere to any of the rules and regulations, their permit(s) may be revoked at any time.