Q#1: Should a gate be installed on the entrance path between the parking lot and the main park?
Strongly agree: 65.71%
Strongly Disagree: 0.00%
Q#2: Would you be willing to donate to finance construction of the gate described in Q#1?
77% of respondents (27 people) said Yes.
Q#3: Should fencing be installed on the far side of the creek near East Old Gulph Road to deter dogs from running onto the road?
Strongly agree: 48.57%
Strongly Disagree: 5.71%
Q#4: Would you be willing to donate to finance construction of the fence described in Q#3?
53% of respondents (18 people) said Yes.
Q#5 : Are there any other important projects you would like Friends of WMC to pursue?
- maybe another picnic table or several more benches along the walkways
- The recent drainage project is working well. Other areas of the path still flood, so these areas need a fix too. Kudos to Ellen x 2, Jill and all else. There are some brick blocks next to the parking lot trash can that need to be hauled off.
- Drainage continues to be an issue. The large puddle by the creek that is as big as a lake needs to be filled in.
- Drainage issues, hose to wash down dogs prior to getting into car
- Build up the walkway on the lower side of the part where it floods all the time.
- Drainage project expanded to include the two swamp areas and netting along the post and rail fences along the entry path
- Fill in black mud pond by wooden walk by old Gulph. Dogs wade in it and become black-filthy.
- Let’s get rid of the pond.
- more small rock/ sand for dry walking paths
- continue the work of addressing the persistently muddy areas of the paths
Q#6 Do you have any other comments, thoughts, suggestions?
- This is very important; thank you!
- Glad we have you caring and taking action on our park! Many thanks!
- Safety at the intersection next to the park entrance.
- Like the idea that dogs be leashed when in the parking lot. Peer pressure works wonders. A gate is a costly partial solution, but if funds can be raised or the township agrees, go for it.
- Wonderful work so far!!! Thanks to everybody!
- This needs to get done, I would hate to see another dog lose its life because of improper fencing
- Since Eliza is one of the worst offenders of running into the parking lot when other people are leaving, I fully support any solution that will keep her from running at full speed across the park and jumping into everyone’s cars. – Duncan
- I keep tripping over poop. People with loose large dogs need to keep their eyes on them at all times and go to the poop and pick it up.
- I’m glad you mentioned the importance of keeping all dogs on leash in the parking lot . So many near misses observed.
- I think other areas in the park are also concern re: dogs’ safety.